Riverwood Wine and Whiskey Club Terms and Conditions
Please read the following carefully
By completing the Membership Application you acknowledge and agree that you have read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), understand them, and agree to be legally bound by them.
If you have any questions with respect to these Terms, please ask a staff member or contact us by email at owner@rivrwoodwinery or by calling the Winery at (816) 579-9797. Your acceptance of these Terms creates a binding contract governing the Terms of your membership in the Riverwood Winery (“Riverwood”) Wine and Whiskey Club (the “Club”) and no other statements, representations, materials or related information will alter or amend these Terms, except as specifically referenced in these Terms and such revisions to these Terms instituted by Riverwood as in accordance with these Terms.
- Membership Benefits; Accounts Subject to such limitations and exceptions as applicable, including as otherwise set forth in these Terms, Club members are entitled to receive the designated number of wines applicable to the particular membership (or such other designated wines as applicable to the particular membership of the member) and additional Club member benefits as provided from time to time by Riverwood. The member benefits are presented in more detail on the Wine and Whiskey Club Benefits page available under the Wine and Whiskey Club tab at Riverwood’s website located at https://www.riverwoodwinery.com (the “Website”). Only individuals, and not corporations or businesses, are eligible to enroll as members. Only one person can be enrolled per Club membership, and accounts under the same name and address will automatically be combined. Notwithstanding anything published to the contrary with respect to Club benefits, not all Club membership benefits are the same for all members, and some special promotional offers, benefits and communications may be based on geographic location, Club participation, information supplied by the member or the volume or type of purchases made by a member. You must present your Riverwood Wine and Whiskey Club membership number or phone number with every transaction in order to assure accurate tracking of your membership benefits. In order to be eligible for membership benefits your account must be (1) open, (2) in good standing and (3) current membership fees must have been paid. Abuse of Club membership (for example, by failing to follow the Terms, allowing others to use your membership number or other improper conduct as determined by Riverwood in its sole discretion) may result in termination of your membership and disqualify you from future Club participation. In the event of any issues or discrepancies regarding membership benefits, Riverwood must be notified within 90 days of your original transaction by calling (816) 579-9797.
- Fees. All fees for Club memberships and associated charges, such as shipping charges and other related charges, are automatically billed to your credit card. If your membership includes shipment of your wine, the wine is shipped and the charges are made on a quarterly basis. If your membership is a monthly membership with in-store pickup, fees are charged on the 26th of the month preceding the month when the wine is available for pickup. If you have purchased a gift membership, the fees for the entire period of the gift membership are charged monthly until the gift membership ends. All fees charged, including for gift memberships, are non-refundable except as expressly set forth in these Terms. Notwithstanding when fees are billed to a member, all Club benefits are activated promptly following registration in the Club.
- Membership Term, Changes and Renewal All memberships are on a month to month basis, and your membership automatically renews each month on the first day of the month. If you wish to cancel your membership, you must let us know in writing at least 30 days before the billing period of the month preceding the month for which your cancellation is to be effective, and any fees already charged for any membership, are non-refundable. In addition, it is your responsibility to inform Riverwood of any changes to your membership record and information. Changes to your membership account and information, except for cancellations, may be submitted by calling the winery at 816-579-9797 or by email to email@example.com. All changes to your membership account and information must be received at least seven (7) days prior to any charge or shipment in order to be effective.
- Limitations; Legal Compliance Member discounts and benefits are not valid with other special offers or discounts offered by Riverwood. Member benefits are non-transferable. All goods, services and benefits provided by Riverwood, including wines, are only provided and/or shipped to such states in which Riverwood, through Vinoshipper, is licensed to provide such goods, services and benefits. Riverwood is not engaged in the shipping or importing of wines or other products into or from any state, country or other jurisdiction where it is not so licensed. Membership in the Club is void where prohibited, and by joining the Club, you represent that your membership in the Club and receipt and use of any goods, services or other items received through the Club does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, laws governing the possession and use of wine and alcoholic beverages. If any product is requested to be provided in or shipped to any state where Riverwood, through Vinoshipper, is not appropriately licensed, Vinoshipper can refuse such shipment. Wines will be provided or delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. In joining the Club, you represent to Riverwood that you are at least 21 years old and the person to whom delivery of any wine will be made. When your wine is picked up or delivered, the person receiving the product will be required to show identification proving Club membership and that he or she is at least 21 years old. Wines provided or delivered by the Club are not for resale and are for personal consumption only. Riverwood has the right to terminate or suspend the Club, or your membership in the Club, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, following a change in law.
- Unavoidable Delay In the event of any circumstances outside of the control of Riverwood and which prevent, hinder or delay Riverwood from performing its obligations, including but not limited to acts of God, earthquake, flood, severe weather conditions, or other natural calamity, strikes, insurrection or acts of terror, governmental action or inaction, including delays or failure to issue permits and authorizations or an inability to obtain supply and materials or means of shipping, Riverwood ‘s obligations will be suspended for the term of such event or Riverwood Winery may elect to cancel the Club or Club membership for the affected members.
- Changes in Shipping; Changes in Law Shipping costs will vary by state and location and may be changed by Riverwood or Vinoshipper from time to time. In addition, due to the ever-changing nature of alcohol and other wine related laws, we may, from time to time, be advised that we are not able to complete delivery of a wine or ship wine to you. If we are unable to ship your wine to you, we will offer you the option to change your membership to an in-store pick up membership and you can pick up your wines at our stores. If that is not agreeable, you may cancel your membership in accordance with Section 4, above, and you may receive a refund of any membership fees paid for wine that we are not able to ship to you based on such a change in laws. In addition to changes in shipping charges, taxes and other related charges may change or may vary between states and locations, and retail wine prices and discounts will differ and vary from those related to wines provided by way of Club membership. Sales tax may also vary and Riverwood or Vinoshipper collects sales tax as required by various local and state taxing authorities. For sales tax purposes, the value for each bottle of wine provided by way of Club membership is $4.00, and membership fees and other membership benefits and imputed sales tax comprise the balance of the fees collected.
- Disclaimer YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE CLUB, THE GOODS AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY RIVERWOOD AND ALL OTHER BENEFITS RELATED TO THE CLUB ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. RIVERWOOD, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. RIVERWOOD WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE CLUB OR ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE OR FAIL TO RECEIVE FROM THE CLUB, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT RIVERWOOD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. By joining the Club, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Riverwood and its affiliates, and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses related to your misrepresentation as to any information provided to the Club, your breach of any of these Terms or any misuse of any goods, services or other benefits of Club membership.
- Personal Information Riverwood requires certain personal information from you to verify and administer your Club membership, and you agree that you have freely provided that information. Any personally identifying information you provide to Riverwood or affiliated companies may be used for our internal business and for account management, customer service and related purposes; however, your personally identifying information will not be sold, licensed or disclosed to any parties other than Riverwood’s affiliates. You authorize Riverwood to send you marketing communications and special offers as part of your membership benefits. Notwithstanding any other statements or representations contained here or elsewhere, Riverwood reserves its right to disclose any information in its possession if it is required to do so by law or legal process, or if it believes, in good faith, that such a disclosure is necessary to comply with law or legal process, to defend its rights or to respond to an emergency situation. If you are concerned about the information you have provided to Riverwood, or have any questions regarding the retention of that information, please contact Riverwood at (816) 579-9797. Riverwood will make reasonable efforts to resolve any concerns.
- Governing Law; Venue These Terms are governed by the substantive laws of the State of Missouri, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts residing in Platte County, Missouri with respect to any dispute, disagreement, or cause of action related to or involving these Terms or the Club. YOU IRREVOCABLY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COURTS AND WAIVE ANY OBJECTION WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AT ANY TIME TO THE VENUE OF ANY PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE CLUB AND YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
- Miscellaneous If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Riverwood with respect to your membership in the Club and the goods, services and benefits provided by Riverwood and related to the Club.
- Change in Terms These Terms shall remain in full force and effect while you are a member of the Club, and only Riverwood may, in its sole discretion, modify the Terms or add or delete any of the Membership rules, conditions, benefits or rewards, in whole or in part. Riverwood may make any such changes at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of loyalty rewards already accumulated, the value of the rewards and/or the time of redemptions. Provided, however, that any revision shall not apply to disputes of which Riverwood had notice on or before the date the change or revision is instituted. To review the most recent version of these Terms, please regularly visit the Wine Club Terms & Conditions page.